Friday, January 13, 2012

Hidden Items



The best place to hide something is a place where hardly anyone thinks about, but not so seclusive that people will be suspicious.
Also, the place had better be somewhere people don't go often.

Take fish, for example.
Now, since I was little, I always hated fish. Nevertheless, my father and mother still made me eat it. So, I hid my portion in a napkin and tossed it into the trash.

Sadly, Mother noticed that I had eaten my fish at an abnormally fast speed. So, she searched the trash can. And found the fish, wrapped neatly in a napkin.

Needless to say, I was punished severely. I will not go into strict detail about my punishment, but it was horrible. 

Anyway, I learned the hard way that I had to find a better place to hide my soon-to-be-disposed-of meals.

I started by putting the fish chunks under my pillow. But soon, when Mother was cleaning the bed, the smell of rotting fish made her suspicious. So naturally she checked under the pillow.

You probably know what is coming next. Yup, that's right, more punishment.

It made me think before hiding something. After searching the house, I found the perfect spot.

The study room closet, behind the fan. Since it was winter during our feud, Mother hardly checked the closet, much less behind the fan. During the summer months I'd hide it in a glove. When she retired to her bedroom I'd run to the garage and toss it into the big trash cans, the ones the garbage trucks get the garbage out of.

Lesson? The moderately obscure and moderately impossible place to hide something is usually the best place to hide it.

So, when you've got something to hide, hide it well

No comments:

Post a Comment